Helical spring; English name:helical spring. A spiral spring made of spring wire.
Folding appearance differentiation
There are many types of spiral springs, which can be divided into:
Ordinary cylindrical coil springs;
Reducing helical springs.
According to the direction of the spiral can be divided into:
Cylindrical coil springs are simple in structure, easy to manufacture and most widely used. Its characteristic line is a straight line, which can be used as compression spring, tension spring and torsion spring. When the load is large and the radial dimension is limited, two compression springs with different diameters can be used together to form a combined spring.
Column spiral compression spring parts, names, specifications:
1. Tavaszi wire diameter: d, the spring wire diameter.
2. Tavaszi Outer Diameter: D0, indicating the outer diameter of the spring.
3. Spring inner diameter: D1, indicating the inner diameter of the spring, D1 = D-2d.
4. The diameter of the spring: D2, the average diameter of the spring, D2 = D-d.
5. Pitch: t, in addition to the support rings at both ends, indicates the axial distance between two adjacent rings.
6. The effective number of turns n, the number of support turns n2 and the total number of turns n1, in order to make the compression spring work stable, uniform force, the spring will be tight and smooth at both ends when manufacturing. The tightly flattened part only serves as a support, so it is a support ring. There are three types of support rings: 1.5, 2, and 2.5, and 2.5 are the most used. The rest of the circles are kept at equal pitches, called effective laps. The total number of turns n1 is the sum of the number of effective turns n and the number of support turns n2.
7. Free height: H0, the total height of the spring when it is not affected by external forces, H0=nt+(n2-0.5)d.
8. Expand the length: L, the length of the blank used to make the spring, L≈n1√(πD2)²+t².
Variable diameter spiral spring is divided into: conical coil spring, spiral coil spring, concave coil spring.
Tapered coil springs have good cushioning properties and can withstand large loads.
Helical coil springs can store more energy and withstand higher loads, but the manufacturing process is more complicated.
Concave coil springs are similar in performance to conical coil springs and are used in cushions and mattresses.
The surface of the spring steel wire has round and rectangular shapes, and the circular cross section is most commonly used.
A coil spring, a torsion spring, is a spring that is subjected to torsional deformation, and its working portion is also wound tightly into a spiral shape. The end structure of the torsion spring is a torsion arm that is machined into various shapes instead of a hook. Torsion springs are often used in mechanical balance mechanisms and are widely used in industrial production such as automobiles, machine tools, and electrical appliances.